Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can anyone help me identify this shrub?

It's an ornamental shrub. Has thick, broad leaves that smell like either sassafras or licorice (to me smells like licorice. Another person I asked said it smelled like sassafras and he said it looked like it was in the laurel family) The older leaves have a stronger smell when crushed than the younger leaves do. This bush has small yellow flower when it blooms. The flowers are slightly smaller than the flowers on the night blooming jasmine vine. I was thinking it might actually be a licorice bush but I don't know much about ornamental bushes.

Can anyone help me identify this shrub?
How about a PICTURE and growing zone.





There are a dozen kinds of Anise shrubs...





Does it look like this?


http://www.floridata.com/ref/I/illi_par....


No comments:

Post a Comment