Saturday, November 14, 2009

Need help selecting a new shrub/tree.....?

My burning bush just died.....it was in the front of the house that was landscaped and planted 2 yrs. ago.....I would like to replace this with either an ornamental shrub/dwarf tree or something that is showy and pretty.I love little blossoms and colored leaves and unusual, twisted trunks if its a dwarf tree. Everything is in the front is mostly green, I have boxwoods, Eunoymous with a touch of yellow(spelling is probably way off) and 1 snowball bush with white blossoms and yew evergreens... Everyone sees this area from a busy road so I would like something more unique. This area is not a large one, maybe 4x4 area and faces the west ...so it gets full sun from around 12:00pm until 6 pm. I would only like it to grow to 4-5 ft. tops.....any ideas? I live in Illinois-zone 5.


Thanks for you help!

Need help selecting a new shrub/tree.....?
Try fothergilla/ gardenii. It reaches 4' X 4', good fall color, and small white, bottle-brush flowers in early spring. It provides 3-season interest and is maintenance-free. If you want a larger schrub, try an arrowwood viburnum.

Business

No comments:

Post a Comment