Monday, November 16, 2009

Suggested shrub wall for Buffalo New York?

I live in chilly, snow-filled Western NY. On the side of my property, there's a utility area and also a view of my neighbor's house that's unappealing. All my other neighbor's houses are blocked from view, except this one. I have a place that I can plant some shrubs to block the utilities and also neighbors, but I'm not sure what to plant. Any suggestions for things that could stand up to the weather year round? I'm looking for easy maintanence, thick, strong, plants that will grow to be at least 7 feet tall. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Suggested shrub wall for Buffalo New York?
There are hundreds of choices, Lilac Bushes have a pretty aromatic flower.
Reply:You could contact the Buffalo Botanical Gardens for suggestions. I thought Buffalo had a City Arborist but I don't see his office listed anywhere. His position may have been eliminated. Wild grapes are quite hardy if you build a simple trellis to support the vines.


http://www.buffalogardens.com/ Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment